Web Developer (PHP, JS)
— Multiple projects, lots of variety
- Friendly and relaxed environment at a fast-growing digital agency.
- Progressive technology stack.
- Very diverse client base, multiple blue-chip clients.
A rapidly growing digital agency based in central Cheltenham with a great atmosphere and a strong blue-chip client base are looking for a Web Developer with a front-end focus. With a bunch of exciting projects due to kick off imminently, this is a great time to be joining them!
What experience you’ll need
- Proven full-stack web development background with a focus on front-end.
- An eye for UI and flair for usability.
- Awareness of various templating tools (such as Twig).
- Experience with a CMS; preferably Craft but open to others.
- Understanding of PHP (and ideally Laravel) on the back-end.
- Knowledge of continuous deployment (Deploybot/DeployHQ) would be beneficial.
- Keen attention to detail and an ability to provide a detailed understanding of client needs.
What you’ll be doing
Sitting in the digital team (5 people) you could be working on multiple projects concurrently, so adaptability is key. Examples of upcoming work includes a web application project for a Welfare Charity which needs a bespoke back-end management system, a substantial eCommerce project for a larger client, as well as jumping in and out of smaller projects and offering support to other teams as and when needed. It’s expected that you’ll be able to have technical discussions on both front-end & back-end technologies. The average project lifecycle tends to be 10-12 weeks so there is a lot of variety and a lot of scope to pick up new & emerging tech.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You’ll be based in the centre of Cheltenham, working in a hard-working and talented team whilst being in a relaxed and friendly environment. You’ll be given pension, health cover and 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays & Christmas break). The tech stack is reviewed on a project by project basis and if you make a case for bringing in something new then you’ll be provided with the R&D time to make that possible. It’s a growing agency - so there’s always the room to grow with it!
If you think this could be the right role for you, please get in touch with Joe with a CV today to hear about the fine details.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Middleware Developer - Mulesoft, Mule ESBLocation:CroydonSalary:£45000 - £60000
— In App PurchasesLocation:BathType:Salary:Up to £350 p/day
— Market leading security platformLocation:BristolSalary:£40K-£60K