3rd Line Support
— New cloud software
- Company owns 25% of the market share for vetinary wholesale items in the UK.
- Recently acquired 2 of the biggest buying groups in their industry.
- Part of AmerisourceBergen.
One of the UK’s leading veterinary wholesalers is looking for a senior systems engineer with solid 3rd line skills to design and maintain AHUK enterprise systems, applications and infrastructure along with supporting associates and other end users. You will be assisting the Support Manager with establishing, monitoring and maintaining the security, availability, usability and regulatory compliance of all systems.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Overall advanced IT skills and a genuine passion for the technical environment.
- A background having done 2nd and 3rd line support would be ideal.
- Working knowledge of network management such as Cisco ASA, Dell Switches.
- VM-Ware running MS Windows to 2016 or RH Linux/IBM iSeries.
- Active Directory, Exchange and Office365.
- Telecommunications – VOIP, mobiles etc.
- Helpdesk ticketing systems.
- You will have worked to compliance and security e.g. GDPR.
- Great communication with the ability to communicate technical issues to non tech people.
- Good time management prioritisation skills.
What you’ll be doing
Your normal day will be working closely with the IT Support Manager to stand in for holidays and absences. You will take instruction for allocated tasks and projects which you will complete in an agreed time; this will involve 3rd/2nd line support and advice to the AHUK business systems teams. Maintaining and applying Enterprise to the data security and compliance policies will be part of the job, though it won’t be a huge part of it, with the new GDPR requirements in place this will need to be done to the right standard. It is expected that you will be covering almost all aspects of the IT systems, whether this is in-house or on client sites, this could involve installing a whole network infrastructure to migrating an internet provider or moving PCs over to the companies domain.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As well as receiving a competitive salary you will have the chance to work for a company owned by a wholesaler with £130billion turnover, with the kind of accounts and practices they support there is never going to be a shortage of work. With that in mind the benefits include 25 days holiday, Westfield health cash plan, childcare vouchers, gym membership and pension scheme. You will have the chance to grow within this role with the room to manage in the future.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to George C - email@example.com; 01179269530Back to jobs