— Build team, introduce new tech
- Well-established and fast-growing eCommerce business. Join at a very exciting time!
- The chance to pick the tech you’ll be working with in the future.
- Once established, you’ll be picking and growing your own development team.
A well-established eCommerce business, based in Cheltenham, is looking to bring their development processes in-house and so want a Lead Developer to join their team to manage everything technical. The company has been going for over 20 years but they are experiencing rapid growth and need staff that can help them reach their full potential. The idea will be for you to get a real handle on what the technical requirements of the business will be moving forward and gradually you’ll be responsible for building a development team underneath you.
What experience you’ll need
- You’ll need strong experience with both front and back-end development.
- Experience with API integration and AWS are both highly beneficial.
- You’ll need a strong understanding of UI and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience of researching, adapting and introducing new tech to businesses is an important skill to have.
- Direct management skills will be core to the role once you start building the team in the near future.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for helping bringing development in-house. They currently outsource to an agency that they have a strong relationship with and are preparing in the next few months to release their new online platform. You’ll be taking over management of this new platform, as well as improving and building upon it. You’ll have the autonomy to research and introduce new technology into the business as you see fit. You will be helping to map out and deliver future website plans. Once you’re established within the company and have created internal processes then you’ll be working with the Head of eComm to expand the development team, of which you’ll have direct line management over.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
At the heart of this role is the opportunity to be the first developer within the business, able to mould the technical side of the company as you see fit moving forward. You’ll be an integral part of the team working with senior management and before long will be able to select and manage your own team. You’ll be working within a highly successful eComm company with some truly impressive year on year growth figures. You’ll receive an attractive salary (up to £60K), along with pension and other benefits but you’ll also be able to play with and introduce any new tech that you can see will help improve the website and platform moving forward. It isn’t often you find a role that you can truly make your own but this is definitely one of them.
If this position is ticking all the boxes then get in touch now with Jack to find out more.Back to jobs