Cloud Security Engineer
— Household technology business
Salary: £50K - £60K
- Global organisation with a technology division overlapping into IoT.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, progressive world-leading business.
- Outstanding team, collaboration, key development opportunities.
One of the UK’s best-reputed household technology companies is looking for an experienced Cloud Security Engineer to join their connected products division in Malmesbury. The business is currently going through a massive digital transformation which involves a large re-platforming project, operating across 21 countries and focusing on customer experience for multiple target audiences. As they look to double the size of the business over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to be one the onsite security specialists within a well-established and innovative division.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven cloud security experience, specifically with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Good understanding Agile and the ‘DevSecOps’ approach to cloud security (things like Black Duck, Vericode, CI/CD).
- Significant knowledge of vulnerability scanning, penetration testing, secure coding practices and the use of encryption within cloud security.
- Awareness of the OWASP & NIST (or similar) frameworks would be beneficial. A relevant qualification (CISSP, CISA etc.) would also be helpful but not essential.
- Awareness of software/web development lifecycle.
- Any knowledge of the following: Jenkins, Bamboo, Atlassian Suite, Terraform, Ansible would be advantageous.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the connected products division in Malmesbury, you will act as a key member of the security team with a focus on Internet of Things (IoT). You will take responsibility for securing infrastructure and applications within the AWS cloud, working closely with various product design teams to input functional/non-functional requirements across multiple projects. Your team work with cloud, research and embedded engineers to understand and deal with threats facing the IoT cloud, as well ensuring secure coding practices across the business. You will coordinate security testing to assure vulnerability is kept at a minimum, as well as providing regular risk assessments & recommendations for the wider programme. You will be expected to operate in an Agile manner, taking a SecDevOps approach to security integration.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary (c£60K) with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (27 days), bonus, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Sound like the role for you? Send your profile to Joe or give us a call to find out more!Back to jobs