Retail Solutions Architect
— Huge digital transformation
Salary: £55K - £68K
- Global organisation.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, progressive world-leading business.
- Outstanding team, collaboration, key development opportunities.
One of the UK’s most innovative technical manufacturing businesses are looking for an established Retail Solutions Architect to join their Malmesbury Application Services team. As they look to double the size of the business over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to be the onsite specialist within an exciting and progressive division. The business is constantly trying to find new and innovative ways of working and this role will play an integral part in that journey.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven background as a Solution Architect in a retail environment.
- Ability to identify, design & build both physical & digital retail solutions to drive solution architecture & strategy forwards.
- Significant understanding of service management, server centre setups, heterogeneous system environments & the full software delivery life-cycle.
- Experience of developing & maintaining architecture models, solution roadmaps & technology strategies directly linked to the wider application strategy.
- Good awareness of various retail stores, including supply chain, merchandising & corporate/customer management.
- Ability to recognise emerging technology & functionality methods that could benefit the wider business.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the Application Services function and reporting into the Head of Solution Architecture, you will work alongside a team of BA’s, PM’s, developers & architects to support the design process of the company’s digital/physical retail stores. There is currently a retail & owner experience team which moving forward will be split into design & delivery as the new transformation structure is implemented, so this role sits in between the two teams. You’ll be involved in working out timescales & costing before designing the solutions across multiple projects at any one time, focusing on unifying customer experience and driving overall solution architecture across the retail solutions landscape as a whole. There are multiple CRM systems internally so you will need to have worked on complex heterogeneous systems. As well as this you will be expected to liaise with 3rd parties to define solution roadmaps and understand future trends to further support the wider application strategy.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary (to £68K) with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (27 days), bonus, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
This is a really exciting opportunity so if you’d like to hear more, give Myles a call or send in your CV now!Back to jobs