— New function, 3 days remote
- Brand new cross-functional mobile development teams.
- Work with top flight talent on a highly ethical product.
- Use the latest versions of Android/Java.
A highly established market leader is on track to becoming much more digitally focussed in their sector is building a new team of mobile developers and are in need of an Android specialist. The role will be based in Bristol in their satellite office soon to be a permanent hub. They are really looking to bridge the gap in their technology working on some cutting-edge features.
What skills you’ll be needing
- A proven background using Android/Java.
- You will have good Android design principles and best practices.
- Native experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s.
- Strong UI principles.
- An interest or some background with UX.
- Experience using cloud message API’s is desirable.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Ability to mentor junior developers and work collaboratively in teams.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
- You’ll ideally have worked in an agile environment.
- General passion for mobile development and emerging technology.
What you’ll be doing
As this company is bringing their mobile development in-house the first 6 months or so will be working with an external agency as well as a newly built team including other mobile developers. During this early stage you will help shape their digital offering and customers experience. Working closely with your colleagues to develop their new app you will be responsible for the delivery and quality of code for the Android platform along with collaborating with designers, other developers and UX’ers on the lay-out, visual design and functionality. Your day to day duties will include building Android applications and reusable code, identifying bugs and fixing them, help maintain the code quality, cross collaborate across teams and stakeholders making sure targets are aligned and getting stuck in with new ideas and strategies. With the teams growing there you will undertake peer code reviews as well as support the business development.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
This is a brand new role with a lot invested in; with a lot of focus and efforts in this function you will have a ton of resources within brand new, talented and driven teams. Along with your salary there is a really appealing range of benefits on offer including a bonus, pension, holiday buying, childcare vouchers, discounts, fresh fruit and many others. Not only will you strike a great work/life balance you will get the chance to be a part of a growing team of top flight developers and other team members in a brand new office dedicated to this digital transformation. You will also be working with the latest and emerging mobile technologies.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to George - email@example.com; 01179269530Back to jobs