Head of Technology
— Cutting-edge tech teams that innovate education in schools
- Have a huge influence on the direction of the technology and design.
- Highly ethical products – work with schools to transform the way people learn.
- Working with market leading technology and data science.
A really inspiring company is looking for a Head of Technology to join a growing team of 17 engineers in order to utilise technology and influence innovative engineering for the core technology platform. You will be working with a large team in outstanding offices in the heart of Exeter. If you are interested in working for this huge influencer in its industry that is on the forefront of technology and science then this could be the right step for you.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Significant background in end-to-end software design within a progressive enterprise business.
- You will have worked with some cutting-edge technologies e.g. Go, React, Redux, Angular etc.
- Naturally capable of building platforms in a complex environment.
- A track record of managing a significant engineering team with proven results.
- Ability to inspire developers and inject a focussed mind-set to maximise delivery.
- Strong communication skills, share your vision and commit to common goals.
- Be able to set clear objectives and exceed them, encourage fast-paced collaboration.
- You will be able to provide examples of delivering performance and platforms successfully.
- Experience managing process and strategy with a clear understanding of market requirements.
- Understand the importance of new technology adoption curves.
- Naturally hands-on by nature, you should be happy to dive into problems and come up with new solutions.
- Organised and forward thinking with a strong educational background preferably mathematical, scientific or engineering based.
What you’ll be doing
This team is full of high performing developers and testers that interact and innovate like they were born to do it; you will have the chance to be a huge influence on this team and the company’s direction when it comes to technology. You will lead the design and engineering of this visionary market leader and make an impact to this major public sector - so much that it could affect the way education is carried out on a global scale. The new platform is being migrated to Google Cloud which you will oversee and ensure the new engineering solutions meet site reliability requirements. As one of the key players in this companies scale and growth you will be the driving force behind new technologies and modern practices. It is expected that you will understand market requirements with a sophisticated strategy in order to match clients needs. You will demonstrate appreciation for the costs and risks that are associated with new product delivery in a competitive market.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Where do we start.. Not only will you get an amazing opportunity make a big impact in this company and what is can achieve but you will see the growth in the teams and the developers themselves. The teams here are incredible and the environment is one of the best in the South West. As well as working with cutting-edge technology that helps young people in schools you will be offered a great work/life balance. The company has some great on-site facilities such as a netball court, five-a-side football pitch, Olympic table tennis table as well as an on-site gym including classes. They also have an on-site café that serves delicious FREE food. The offices themselves are very vibrant and modern where lots of social events take place. If you are considering relocating for this role then the company will assist with a package that works for you.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to George C. firstname.lastname@example.org; 01179269530Back to jobs