— Work with one of the UK's most successful tech entrepreneurs
- Be the direction of the technology – work with React, Redux, AWS - take your pick.
- Build your own team and choose development process.
- Help local and international students.
An international start-up is looking for a Lead Developer ready to take that next step-up and run a brand new team kicking things off from the ground up. You will be working with a tech founder who has already built a company known as “one of the best places to work in the UK” aiming to take this one on the same journey.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Experience using MVC frameworks – Laravel, Symfony, Zend
- You will have worked with cloud computing (ideally AWS).
- Creating REST API’s.
- Ideally you will have worked with things like Git, Grunt, Gulp and Webpack.
- Experience managing other developers.
- Be able to carry out code reviews.
- You will be able to spot trends in the market and implement most efficient technologies.
- You will have worked in an agile/scrum environment
- Redux and React native are not essential but a bonus.
- It would also be beneficial if you had experience with TDD and BDD.
What you’ll be doing
As the Lead Developer on this brand new product you will be building this from scratch, with a fresh slate to choose your languages, tools, methods and sprint times you will be expected to be creating a code base that will excite potential hires. As you will be running things from the start everything needs to be tidy and you must maximise efficiency, you must take an innovative approach to this product and play a pivotal role in shaping and driving forward the technical architecture and solutions. It is expected that you will be 100% hands-on in this role, it’s up to you on how you shape your role after embedding yourself and getting the process running, once more hires are made you are expected to have an element of getting your hands dirty but there’s plenty of scope to move into line management – you decide.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
As mentioned before you will be working with one of the UK’s most successful entrepreneurs who built a company from the ground up and sold it for £150million, he is on a journey for round 2 and you can be a very close part of that. In line with what has been said above with the autonomy in this role you will also receive a generous salary, 25 days holiday that can increase, flexible working (some remote), share options a good pension plus more – these benefits will be improving as the company grows with the aim to match some of the best benefits in the country. Along with the autonomy, the benefits and the general opportunity you will be on the forefront of technology working with some incredible talent.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to George - [email protected]; 01179269530.Back to jobs