— Innovate technology within the educational industry
Salary: Dependent on experience
- Working with up and coming languages such as Go, React and Redux.
- Highly ethical products – work with schools to transform the way people learn.
- Free local organic food from an on-site café! Free!!!
A really inspiring company is looking for a couple of software developers to join their current team of 17 to work in their outstanding offices in the heart of Exeter. If you are interested in broadening your programming skills and learning from some very talented people who work on some life-changing products then this could be a great opportunity for you.
What skills you’ll be needing
- At least 2 years commercial experience in coding.
- Knowledge of or an interest in learning new languages such as Go.
- Good understanding of Software Design.
- Experience of good practice software development procedures.
- Ability to communicate well with a team.
- 2:1 in a relevant degree is highly desirable.
- Front-end capability is desirable, especially with React, Redux and Angular.
- Pair programming experience is nice to have.
What you’ll be doing
You will be involved in the development of the core technical framework for web and tablet based systems continuing to improve its functionality. Co-operating with members of the team consisting of developers, testers and data scientists you will find ways of getting around the most challenging problems faced when building such scalable systems. You’ll be responsible for designing and implementing components for their current system, writing clean, robust and innovative code that focuses on scalability and usability. Feedback on code is swift, it is put into practice quickly so you will therefore get the chance to improve it the very next day. Currently moving into agile practices and splitting into sprint teams you will need to think quickly and creatively to help the team to get from start to finish. With the team evolving it is expected that you have the ability to show your aptitude to learn quickly and take on responsibility where it’s needed.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Where do we start.. Not only will you get an amazing opportunity to significantly improve as a developer but you will get to work with amazing teams in one of the best working environments on the South Coast. As well as working with cutting-edge technology that helps young people in schools you will be offered a great work/life balance. The company has some great on-site facilities such as a netball court, five-a-side football pitch, Olympic table tennis table as well as an on-site gym including classes. They also have an on-site café that serves delicious FREE food. The offices themselves are very vibrant and modern where lots of social events take place.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to George C - email@example.com;01179269530