— Flexible working, modern tech
- Global business with a new tech division overlapping into IoT.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, progressive world-leading business.
- Outstanding team, progression, development opportunities.
One of the UKs most innovative & rapidly growing technology companies are looking for Cloud Software Engineers to join their Malmesbury platform team. As they look to double the size of the business over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to be one of the onsite specialists within an exciting and innovative division. The business is currently going through a large re-platforming project, operating across 21 countries and focusing on customer experience for multiple target audiences. Please note that the wider salary range is due to the business considering all levels of applicant.
What skills you'll need
- Proven background in Java/Python development.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud technology, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Understanding of TDD (Docker), CI/CD (Jenkins, Bamboo), automation and infrastructure as code (Ansible, Terraform).
- Awareness of connected products, scalability, micro-service architecture, message routing etc.
- Ability to involve yourself in the architecture & design of new components, as well as various testing processes & deployments.
- Background in an Agile environment.
The company are considering applicants from different tech backgrounds, so if you have some experience with C# and a strong drive to learn, Id still like to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
Joining a cross-functional team within the business' platform team, youll be covering a variety of greenfield & ongoing projects, focusing on developing new online features and adding to the pre-existing platform using Java/Python and a range of monitoring & automation tools. The company work in an Agile manner so youll be involved in daily stand-ups & fortnightly sprints, often developing as a pair or team to ensure there are no blurred lines of communication internally. Most of the projects youll be focusing on are centred on eCommerce and IoT so you will have plenty of exciting projects to be getting on with! The long term goal is to build the foundations of a truly global team, and this role will only progress as the business does with it.
What you'll get in return
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary (c£60K) with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (27 days), bonus, flexi-time, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. Above all, you'll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Really exciting role here - want to hear more? Give Joe a call or send us your CV now!