Embedded Test Engineer
— Global technology giant
- Global business with a tech division overlapping into IoT/Robotics.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, progressive world-leading business.
- Lots of variety in a multi-product environment.
One of the UK’s most innovative & rapidly growing technology companies are looking for an Embedded Test Engineer to join their established embedded/software team in Malmesbury. As they continue to grow this is a unique opportunity for an established specialist to join an exciting division with constant training & development. The business already has one million machines in the field sending 100 million messages per day to the cloud, and this is only the beginning.
What skills you’ll need
- Proven automation/scripting experience with Python/Perl.
- Understanding of Hardware for SPI; Raspberry Pi/Arduino or similar.
- Awareness of embedded systems, IoT, Bluetooth & connected products.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment (preferably Dockerised).
- Software verification expertise.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian Tool Suite.
- Understanding of Agile & the SAFe framework would be beneficial.
- Any basic C/C++/Matlab/Labview experience would be useful.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the software/embedded team you will support the testing strategy for software in embedded products, looking after the verification of complex implementations across various platforms (primarily within Lighting & Robotics). You will champion automated testing using Python in a Linux/Raspberry Pi/Arduino environment, generating new concepts for Software/UI/WiFi and reporting results with TestRail. There will be a high-level of scripting involved and the business recently adopted the SAFe framework, which is something you’d need to be able to adapt to. There is a lot of variety, multiple platforms to take accountability for so ability to work at pace is key.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (27 days), annual bonus, flexi-time/remote working, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Give Joe a call or send us your CV now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
jobsSearch all jobs
— Great staff retentionLocation:BristolSalary:£40K-£60K
— Innovative, progressive, seriously talentedLocation:GloucesterSalary:£30K-£45K
— Financial ServicesLocation:BournemouthType:Salary:Up to £450 p/day