— Scientific tech solutions
- Help to power the next generation of science.
- Tech-first business, small team with lots of autonomy.
- Full remote, 29 days hols, generous pension.
We’ve teamed up with one of the UK’s fastest-growing private scientific tech businesses who are powering the next generation of science companies, operating as part of a wider group with a tech solution offering across healthcare, medicines and microbiological testing. They have a small team in Wiltshire with plans to split up the development functions which has created an initial need for two Lead Developers.
What experience you’ll need
- Proven experience in software development at lead level, ideally with onboarding experience.
- Background in C#.Net – they use .Net Framework and .Net Core.
- Knowledge of automated unit and integration testing.
- Ability to work Agile (Scrum).
- Skilled in SQL, ORM frameworks and database design. Any message-based microservice architecture knowledge would be awesome.
- Comfortable working in the cloud; they use AWS but another platform is fine.
- Awareness of CI/CD (TeamCity) and general DevOps ways of working.
- Any knowledge of infrastructure-as-code (Terraform, CloudFormation etc.) would be beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a small team with lots of autonomy, you’ll take ownership of one of their software development functions as the team scales throughout 2022. You’ll be involved in growing and leading a team of junior-mid-level developers, taking technical responsibility for end-to-end software projects in line with wider deliverables agreed across design, code, test and documentation. You’ll liaise and advise stakeholders on design and delivery standards, often remaining hands-on with coding whilst mentoring others on the team to ensure high-quality outputs. As the business progresses, you’ll be expected to support them with implementing new tools and frameworks to support the wider team, so having an adaptable mindset with passion for learning new tech is essential.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Joining a small team with the backing of a wider group leaves plenty of room to progress and implement new ideas. On top of a generous salary, you can expect a very healthy pension scheme (you pay 6%, they pay 8%), life assurance, a company bonus scheme and 29 days holiday (incl. bank hols, increasing with service). They’re advocates for continued learning and will back to you undertake any courses or conferences you feel will benefit yourself, the team and their wider products/services.
If you’d like to apply or find out more just give Joe a call!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Creative AgencyLocation:London / Remote, UKSalary:£40k Bonus & Benefits
— Greenfield development with leading- edge tech!Location:Bristol and remote, UKSalary:Up to £55,000
— Remote FinTech BusinessLocation:Remote, UKSalary:£60K - £70K