Cloud Software Engineer
— IoT, Robotics, Serverless, Connected Products
- Global business with a tech division overlapping into IoT/Robotics.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, progressive world-leading business.
- Progression into a Senior-Lead role.
One of the UK’s most innovative technology companies are looking for a Cloud Software Engineer to join their Wiltshire-based cloud robot team. With a diverse and progressive product base to involve yourself in, surrounded by a team of talented Engineers with ranging backgrounds, this is an awesome chance for someone to grow into a senior position whilst working on some incredible projects in the IoT/Robotics world.
What skills you’ll need
- Back-End focused with proven experience in C#, Python or NodeJS, preferably in a production environment.
- Significant knowledge of cloud-native development (ideally AWS) & serverless architecture.
- Automated testing, unit testing experience.
- Awareness of connected products, scalability, micro-service architecture, distributed applications etc.
- Infrastructure-as-Code (CloudFormation/Terraform).
- CI/CD experience (CD is most important), flexible on which tools.
- Comfortable working Agile/Scrum.
They’re happy to look at other server-side backgrounds if you bring significant cloud-native experience.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a 5-person cloud robot team, you’ll be covering a variety of projects, focused on building new connected product features as well as enhancing the pre-existing platform using C#/Node, bits of Python and a range of monitoring & automation tools. The business work Agile and are huge advocates for paired/mob programming, which you’ll need to be comfortable with as most of the time you’ll be coding in teams. You’ll be involved in daily stand-ups & fortnightly sprints. Most of the projects you’d focus on are centred on IoT & Robotics so you will have plenty of variety, making adaptability is essential. The long-term goal for this role is to evolve into more of a Senior-Lead position so you will need to be willing & prepared to make that transition later down the line.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays, annual bonus, flexi-time/remote working 2-3 days a week, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. Above all, you’ll be in a role with real job satisfaction and the autonomy to evaluate, select and suggest new ideas that will be highly valued.
Really exciting role here – want to hear more? Give Joe a call or send us your CV now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + WiltshireSalary:Up to £325 p/day
— 3 Months Initial - Remote WorkingLocation:Remote + BristolSalary:Up to £600 p/day
— Neighbourly - B Corp giving platformLocation:BristolSalary:£45K-£55K