You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
— Game Design Studio
- Design UI’s for top rated video games.
- Enjoy working as part of a small team with real influence over the direction of games.
- Great benefits including private medical, a shiny new office space and great working culture.
We’re looking for a UI Artist to join a games studio in Guilford. They are responsible for a number of top-rated strategy game titles for PC and mobile.
What you’ll be doing
Though owned by a larger brand name the studio is a fairly small team so you’ll enjoy all the benefits that go along with this, including a flat management structure where you’ll work closely with the founders, having huge influence over the direction of games in their portfolio and being part of a tight knit culture.
In this role you’ll be joining the team to focus on creating user interfaces for mobile and PC games. The UI Artist will work from concept through to production collaborating with Art Directors, Game Designers and Developers along the way in order to bring in game UI’s to life. The studio uses Unity so ideally you’ll have some previous experience in implementing UI designs into Unity.
UI is central to the success of a good strategy game so you’ll need to ensure designs are enjoyable to use and intuitive through user centred design practices.
What experience you’ll need
- Previous experience of creating user interfaces for mobile or PC games (with the portfolio to showcase this).
- A user centred approach to design.
- Comfortable working closely with other designers, art directors, games designers and developers to achieve great results as a team.
- The ability to take ownership of your own projects and self manage when needed.
- Driven and passionate about video games and design.
- Any experience with Unity and implementing UI designs with the software desirable.
- Also desirable is experience of working on free to play titles.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
You’ll join a studio that’s released a number of top-rated titles for both PC and mobile so will enjoy working on a well-respected portfolio of games. Joining a small team means you’ll be part of key decisions for the brand and work closely with the founders who are well established and highly skilled designers. The studio is mostly working from home due to Covid 19 but they moved into a fantastic new office space last year which you’ll have acess to. You’ll receive private medical cover, a pension and plenty of companywide socials.