You can view related vacancies or set-up an email alert notification when similar jobs are added to the website using the buttons below.
Midweight UX Consultant
— One of the most exciting projects in the South West
- Work to GDS Design Principles
- Enjoy a great benefits package including 33 days holiday (+bank holidays), a bonus and a pragmatic work from home policy
- Learn from a great team of UX’ers
An organisation in Swindon is building a team of UX’ers, they now need a multi-faceted UX consultant to join them and help shape their service offering. You’ll enjoy one of the best benefits packages around and you’ll be working within GDS guidelines so this is a chance to play part in one of the most exciting projects in the South West.
What you’ll be doing
The current in-house consultancy team have an MVP that’s recently launched into public beta. You’ll identify any user problems that have arisen based on data from the beta launch and you’ll also be responsible for rolling out the functionality outlined in the feature roadmap.
You’re going to be undertaking user research, stakeholder interviews and requirements gathering as part of a multidisciplinary team. You’re going to be part of a team that prototypes their ideas out for new features and then goes on to validate their thinking with real users.
It’s a complex role, feature-rich service so there’s a large amount of work to conceive, test and iterate on.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- You’ll need experience of working as a UX Consultant/Researcher.
- Have worked on projects that have followed a truly UCD approach.
- You’ll have a breadth of experience across user research, running requirements gathering workshops and usability testing, any interaction design skills would be a bonus.
- As the team works to agile you’ll need an understanding of the methodology and see the benefit it brings to the UCD process.
- Whilst not a necessity, experience of working to GDS would be beneficial to your application.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
If you’re successful here you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most innovative businesses within the UK. You’ll be learning from an established team formed of some of the best minds in the UX scene and have 33 days holiday (+ bank holidays) as part of your package. There’s a salary of around £30k-£33k on offer here.
Please apply with an up to date CV and ideally a portfolio/some case studies of previous projects.Back to jobs
This job has now been filled but you may be interested in: