Software Development Engineer in Test
— Pioneering Ed-Tech
- Freedom to be autonomous and have influence over the testing function.
- Endless opportunities for growth and progression.
- Flexible and hybrid working alongside a friendly and collaborative team.
We’re working with a market-leading Ed-Tech whose products have revolutionised their domain. Trusted by over 11,000 schools across 200 local authorities for 20 years now, the business is on a mission to spearhead progress and innovation in schools. Their products help to streamline operations and transform communication between schools, students, and parents. The business consistently evolves their product suite and are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test to join the team at the forefront of one of their latest, award-winning product innovations.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside a collaborative team of 4 developers you’ll work across the platform, including backend services, APIs, frontend as well as mobile applications to deliver innovative, intuitive, and high-quality products.
This is a varied role where you’ll be afforded lots of autonomy and the opportunity to take ownership of the test systems, designing and implementing automated tests, as well as maintaining and enhancing automated tests within a CI/CD environment.
This is a highly technical role, with a small element of manual testing and would suit someone with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, who has a desire to learn.
What skills you’ll need to apply
- 3 + years commercial experience in a QA/Testing or Development role.
- A background in software development and understanding of agile and/or iterative development would be ideal.
- A high level of proficiency in writing tests using C# is preferable but they can also cross-train from another similar language like Java.
- Experience using SpecFlow and Selenium for writing and structuring automated tests.
- Knowledge of testing web applications built using modern frameworks such as Angular.
- Well-versed in testing mobile applications across iOS and Android.
- Deep knowledge of testing RESTful Web Services.
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand and explain complex technical issues and processes.
Bonus points if you have experience with any of the below
- Prior experience working in CI/CD environments.
- Knowledge of testing frameworks such as Playwright (playwright.dev)
- Experience with AWS or Azure cloud technologies.
- Prior exposure testing payment processing systems.
- Experience in security and vulnerability testing.
What you’ll get in return for your skills
Alongside a salary of up to £50, 000, you’ll receive 25 days holiday plus bank hols, a company matched pension scheme, life assurance, option to join their private health scheme, flexible hours and more. The company offer hybrid working and are open to a conversation around what this looks like, but ideally you’ll spend 1-3 days a week in the office to support your development. The company take a proactive and ongoing approach to learning, with regular knowledge sharing sessions and access to online training like PluralSight. It’s a friendly, collaborative culture and you’ll be at the forefront of innovation within the EdTech space.
Apply with your CV or get in touch with Becca to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Global Business // Supporting Communities // Great BenefitsLocation:London/Remote UK, UKSalary:£55,000
— Integration & Acceptance TestingLocation:Bristol / 1 day a month, UKSalary:£45K - £50K
— Build an automation suite!Location:Bristol / Remote , UKSalary:£35K - £50K