— work on software used by RNLI & naval fleets
- Hands on technical role with award-winning consultancy.
- Work with some of the largest technology businesses in the world.
- Flexible working, R&D led business, on-site parking, gym & café.
A leading developer of advanced technology solutions is looking for a hands-on Technical Architect to work on new and existing projects from their Bristol or Chippenham offices. They work predominantly with blue-chip and public sector organisations across some seriously exciting sectors such as environment, space, broadcasting and government to name a few. As a Technical Architect you will be joining their Marine Division and will be contributing to a range of exciting new and existing projects from on-board integrated platform management systems used by naval fleets to navigation systems used by the RNLI. You will be on hand to provide technical expertise to team members and customers, occasionally travelling to client site to offer support and see your work first hand.
What skills you’ll need
- Experience designing & implementing large-scale applications or web solutions.
- Previous experience of Software Development, preferably using Java.
- Understanding of design and modelling techniques such as UML.
- Familiarity with web application development, integration and testing such as JSF, Spring.
- An understanding of software standards like ISO9001 & ISO 20000:1.
- Strong knowledge of multi-tier client-server & Service Orientated architectures.
- An understanding of security policies, virtualisation strategies & sub-capacity licensing would be a bonus.
- Experience in architecting using MoDAF/DoDAF, Archimate or Zachmann frameworks would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of middleware architectures (i.e. ESB & SOA) and enterprise databases such as SQL-Server & Oracle is a plus.
- Knowledge of continuous integration & build tools such as Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Eclipse, Jira and Git would be beneficial.
What you’ll be doing
Joining the Marine Division you will act as a hands-on technical leader taking responsibility for the delivery of market-leading solutions for use in modern marine vessels. You will lead the delivery & development teams providing complete solution architectures from infrastructure through to application design, selecting the appropriate IT components & packages and ensuring the agreed technical architecture and development methodologies are followed, as well as actively developing in Java. Working with BA’s, you will elicit the business requirements, estimating costs & implementation timescales, to ensure technical solutions are deliverable against business needs. You will contribute to bids and pre-sales support, providing your technical expertise to team members and customers. You will be passionate about staying abreast with the latest tech & tooling to develop new techniques for system architecture.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
Not only will you get to work on some tech-leading projects in some seriously exciting sectors you will be entitled to 25 days holiday rising by 1 each year. Also on offer is flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare Vouchers along with an on-site gym and café. You will have the opportunity for training and to pick up new skills.
Want to know more? Send in your CV now to Ellen (01179 269 530)
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Architecture jobsSearch all jobs
— Java, outstanding software houseLocation:Bristol or ChippenhamSalary:£50K - £60K
— Progressive technology consultancyLocation:BristolSalary:Competitive
— Large eCommerce PlatformLocation:BristolSalary:£65K - £71K