Connected Platform Engineer
— Large IoT Platform
- Global business with rapidly growing connected products division.
- Progressive & emerging tech, endless training, R&D.
- Outstanding team culture, progression, development opportunities.
One of the UK’s most innovative technical businesses are looking for a Connected Platform Engineer to join their connected products team in Malmesbury. As they continue to grow their business with scope to double in size over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity for an established specialist to join an exciting division with constant training & development. Please note, for this role the business are considering Python/NodeJS/C# Developers who are interested in cross-training to Platform Engineering.
What skills you’ll need
- Software Engineering background using Python. NodeJS/C# would also be considered.
- Knowledge of Jenkins, or similar, for continuous integration & orchestration.
- Experience with AWS and the associated tech surrounding it (EC2, ECS, Lambda, CloudFormation, Cloudfront, Elasticache etc.)
- Understanding of deployment automation, using Octopus Deploy or similar.
- Containerisation knowledge – Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Any experience with Grafana or Splunk would be handy, but not a must.
- Evidence of keeping up to date with the latest industry trends, emerging tech and being pro-active in learning new skills, particularly with reference to connected products, containerisation, serverless, microservices and CI.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside the software engineering team, you will support the design, build & deployment of various services to production, offering operational support to allow continuous improvement across customer experience. This is a global business with multi-national development teams and countless products all connected to a large IoT platform, so adaptability is key. It’s expected that you will take ownership of deployment automation, CI/CD, containerisation and system analysis (Splunk), working in a highly Agile environment utilising a Scrum methodology. No day is the same in this role, there are a broad range of systems & technologies to involve yourself with, you’ll be constantly keeping an awareness of new and emerging technology/trends. They need someone who can manage their time effectively, hit deadlines and work collaboratively with others coming up with new ideas, process improvements etc.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary with long term progression, constant training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (27 days), annual bonus, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more. They also advocate remote working (2 days a week is fine).
Sound like the right role for you? Send your CV to Joe ASAP or give us a call to find out more.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
DevOps and Cloud jobsSearch all jobs
— eCommerce consultancy/Lifestyle brandsLocation:BristolSalary:Up to £30k
— exciting opportunity within IoTLocation:WiltshireSalary:£75K
— Incredible opportunity to progressLocation:BristolSalary:£50K - £65K