DevOps Engineer (Robotics)
— New team within an innovative division
- Global tech business with growing Robotics division.
- Constant R&D, new & emerging tech, progressive product offering.
- Outstanding team, progression, personal development opportunities.
One of the UK’s most innovative technical businesses are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join their team in Wiltshire. This is a new team which aims to develop innovative software systems into the robotics space, with lots of Greenfield work and autonomy to build state-of-the-art software algorithms from the ground up.
What skills you’ll need
- Sound understanding of Linux OS, Linux customisation (Yocto) and open source software.
- Proven CI/CD capability, preferably with Gitlab, Bamboo or similar.
- Understanding of various build tools/systems; Ansible, Autotools, Bitbake, Cmake.
- Appreciation or experience in robotics would be beneficial though not essential.
- Awareness of the importance of thorough testing, covering everything from single components to full systems.
- A relevant degree in IT, Engineering or Electronics would be advantageous.
- Full understanding of the project/software lifecyle.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a new but rapidly-growing team you’ll take ownership of early-stage PoC systems in the robotics division, using progressive algorithms & innovative frameworks/techniques to improve overall quality before looking to deploy software to cloud/simulated robots. Quality assurance is incredibly important so it’s expected that you will establish a rigorous testing approach, ensuring that all aspects are covered, from single components to all-encompassing integrated systems. You’ll be given lots of autonomy to design, build & implement CI/CD workflows from scratch, as well as suggesting new ideas & approaches that will aim to make a real difference to growth of this new product delivery team. An adaptable mindset is key.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary with long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect generous holidays (27 days), bonus, health options, pension scheme, smart offices, R&D time and more.
Sound like the right role for you? Send your CV to Joe ASAP or give us a call to find out more.