Lead Cloud/DevOps Engineer
— AWS, Global Innovator
- Global business, opportunity to run a talented Cloud team.
- Cutting edge tech, R&D, innovative world-leading business.
- Outstanding projects, progression, development opportunities.
One of the UK’s most innovative technical businesses are looking for a Lead Cloud Infrastructure Engineer / DevOps specialist to join their incredible Wiltshire office. As they look to double the size of the business over the next 3 years, this is a unique opportunity to be the onsite specialist within an exciting and innovative division.
What skills you’ll be needing
- Strong people/team management skills and the ability to pick up new tech quickly and pass on to others.
- Considerable experience of architecting solutions with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and some of the associated tech including; EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, RDS, Cloudfront, ElastiCache etc.
- Strong Windows or Linux systems administration with scripting skills.
- Configuration management and automation e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Maintenance, monitoring and scaling web based platforms.
- Evidence of keeping up to date with the latest industry trends, emerging tech and being pro-active in learning new skills, particularly with reference to security, containerisation, serverless, microservices and CI.
What you’ll be doing
You will be leading a small team of cloud/devops engineers, mentoring/coaching and working with scrum masters to agree team deliverables. Main tech duties will cover developing, maintaining and automating the build of AWS components and operating systems. Liaising with architects, software engineers and DBA’s you’ll be implementing new requirements, features and changes. A key part of the role will be integrating monitoring solutions and responding to issues and alerts as they come up, ensuring that systems are secure and patched. They need someone who can manage their time effectively, hit deadlines and work collaboratively with others coming up with new ideas, process improvements and adopting new tech quickly.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
An incredible opportunity to work for a global giant offering a competitive salary (to £60K) long term progression, training and development, access to courses and conferences alongside a formidable benefits package. You can expect a very competitive salary with generous holidays, bonus, health option, pension, smart offices, R&D time and more.
Like the sound of this one and keen to hear more? Send in your CV now for immediate consideration to Mike (01179269530)Back to jobs