2nd Line Support Engineer
— award-winning developer of IT services!
- Support some of the biggest tech companies in the world.
- Ground breaking projects across Space, Government and AI.
- Flexible working hours, on-site parking, research & development.
A leading developer of information, communications and advanced technology solutions is going through a real growth period and is looking for a 2nd Line Support Engineer to join them in their Chippenham offices. They work predominately with blue-chip and public sector organisations across a broad variety of markets including marine, environment and space, meaning you'll be supporting customers in some seriously exciting sectors and will also have the opportunity to go out on client site and provide support first hand.
What skills you'll need
- Previously been in a 2nd or 3rd line support role.
- Networking knowledge, such as VLAN & Firewall rules.
- Experience supporting a Microsoft environment, preferably Windows 7, 10, 2008 and 2012.
- Ability to support Microsoft office, preferably 2010 and 365.
- Good working knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs & DNS.
- Familiarity with Powershell.
- Basic networking knowledge, such as VLAN & Firewall rules.
- A good working knowledge of Linux Administration, Apache, LDAP, shell scripts would be a bonus.
- An understanding of Cyber Security would be a plus.
What you'll be doing
Sat within the Internal IT Support Team you will be working closely with 1st, 2nd and 3rd line engineers to support to the business entire IT infrastructure. Following ITIL guidelines you will provide 2nd line support to the internal customer community via a Service Desk arrangement. Further, you'll be responsible for managing the procurement of hardware and new technologies, as well as mentoring more junior members of the team, continuously aiming to improve overall productivity and effectiveness across the department. You'll be based out of their Chippenham offices but will have the opportunity to travel occasionally to the business other local sites and gain exposure to the work they're involved with across a host of exciting sectors.
What you'll get in return
On top a salary of up to £33K, you'll be entitled to 25 days holiday, rising by 1 day each year, flexible working hours, on-site parking, a generous pension contribution, private health care, life assurance, income protection, SIP, Childcare vouchers and much more. With an emphasis on R&D, you'll have access to excellent training and personal development opportunities.
If you like the sound of this, send your CV into Ellen (01179 269 530) now!
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
Infrastructure & Support jobsSearch all jobs
— Industry leading technologyLocation:BristolSalary:£25-£35k
— global technology businessLocation:WiltshireSalary:£30K - £40K
— Award-winning IT services providerLocation:ChippenhamSalary:£30K - £40K