Front-End Web Developer
— Scope to integrate new technologies in to the business
Salary: £30K - £40K
- Retail business going through a rapid expansion.
- Excellent career progression & internal training opportunities.
- Tight-knit, collaborative culture with plenty of socials!
I’m helping a rapidly expanding multi-channel retail business near Swindon to find a Front-End Developer to own the front-end aspect of their multiple websites. Over the years the business has been largely focused on physical trade with two large retail outlets in the area and are now looking to build on their online presence which only makes up around a third of all transactions as it stands. The target is to double this over the next 18 months with large investments being made into online customer experience by delivering a strong CRM programme.
What skills you’ll need
- Understanding of the full Java Server Page (JSP) lifecycle.
- Background of working in a retail/eCommerce environment would be beneficial though not essential.
- An awareness or understanding of the Adobe suite of products (CS6).
- Any experience with IBM WebSphere/WebSphere Commerce or something similar would be highly advantageous though not an essential requirement.
What you’ll be doing
Joining a collaborative & social team of one Front-End Developer, one Junior Developer and a Senior Developer, you will be taking ownership for the front-end aspect of the business’ range of websites, focusing on customer journey, web design and issue resolution. Reporting into the Product Owner you’ll be working closely with the web development team & support partner, acting as a point of contact for internal stakeholders and liaising with the eCommerce team to build responsive web pages & email campaigns. You will demonstrate a passion for eCommerce & UX to help take the business to the next step in their expansion.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
The business offers a range of great benefits which includes 25 days holiday, a 25% staff discount on all products, a reward discount scheme, contributory pension scheme plus life assurance. On top of a generous salary (£30-40K), the business boasts a tight-knit, friendly culture with regular socials and days out as an office. The career progression opportunities are unrivalled as well, a lot of employees started as a junior member and are now sitting on the senior management team, which speaks for itself in terms of your own personal growth!
This is a great opportunity to work for a great business doing some really exciting things, so if you’re interested, send your CV to Joe or give us a call to find out more!Back to jobs