— HMI (Human Machine Interaction)
- Work on an exciting new product category for a big name brand.
- Design for products at the bleeding edge of technology.
- Enjoy a challenging but highly rewarding role.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to join a newly formed and highly specialist product team focussing on innovative automotive products and services.
What you’ll be doing
Part of a newly formed and specialist team of engineers and designers you will be working within the automotive research and development hub for the business. You’ll join a multidisciplinary team of over 400 people dedicated to creating world class automotive solutions with the latest technology.
You’ll report into a Lead UX and work alongside 2 other experienced UX designers and with a UI team of 3. The focus will be on producing the in-car display. Engineers and human factors specialists are handling the physical design of the unit; your job will be in fine tuning the digital on-screen experience.
Working within automotive computing you’ll need to be mindful of safety regulations and highly sensitive to how data and visual stimuli can distract.
As a UX Designer your responsibilities will cover information architecture through wireframing and prototyping to usability testing. Automotive experience is highly desirable but experience in related fields will be considered i.e on-screen design for physical devices.
Being a new product area for the business you’ll be required to present to senior stakeholders within the business. You’ll need to be articulate, confident in your approach and a strong communicator.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- Automotive experience highly desirable.
- Previous experience of delivering HMI or cross-platform user experiences.
- Experience in information architecture, producing interaction models, wireframes and prototypes.
- Comfortable leading user testing.
- Confident when presenting work to senior stakeholders.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
In return for your experience you’ll get to work on exciting new products for a big name brand. You’ll enjoy a fast paced and collaborative working environment, plenty of onsite amenities and associated benefits.
Please apply with an up to date CV and supporting case studies to be considered.Back to jobs