· Leading technology in their industry
· New role within an exciting and innovative company
· Comprehensive benefits package with consistent company bonuses
Our client is looking for an Optical Engineer to join a growing team focussed on improving the connectedness between engineering and manufacturing teams. The company build some extremely progressive products used by Scientists & Engineers from a range of industries and organisations around the world.
What you will need:
· Optical lens experience within a manufacturing or distribution experience
· Relevant degree with at least some optical modules being covered
· Confident reviewing optical specifications to work with suppliers and internal teams to improve processes and documentation
· Experience using design tools and equipment
· Interest in continuous improvement within team focussed on legacy products
What you will be doing:
Working in the sustainability team you will sit between the engineering and manufacturing teams to ensure all optical designs can be manufactured to the most up to date industry standards. You will work closely with suppliers and manufacturing partners in the UK and overseas, so will need to be confident communicating with external contacts on a regular basis. You will establish product capability and tolerances, while working closely with a mechanical engineer day to day. The role will initially focus on all projects to upgrade and improve existing products, however once these projects are over, the role can be moulded to focus on other areas to suit the candidate.
What you will get in return for your talents:
You’ll be entitled to 23 days holiday (increasing to 25 with service), flexi-time (core hours 10-12 and 2-3 Monday to Friday, 37.5 hour working week) with the opportunity for remote working with a trip to the office 1-2 times a week. As well as this you’ll get a discretionary annual bonus, healthcare cash plan, life assurance 4x salary, group personal pension scheme up to 6% contribution, company subsidized membership of local health clubs. You will be eligible to participate in the company profit share scheme, cycle to work scheme, share incentive plan, free car parking and employee development. They’re an Investors in People Gold accredited business which shows their commitment to personal progression and upskilling.
If you’d like to apply or find out more, just give Thomas a call.
Who's managing this role?
You might like...
You might like...
— Well Established EmployerLocation:Bristol/ remoteSalary:£30-35k + bonus
— NeighbourlyLocation:Bristol plus flexible workingSalary:Up to £80k + benefits
— Product DesignerLocation:LondonSalary:£50000 - £60000