Competitive with Flexi working
Fast growing and extremely innovative scale-up.
Utilising unique methods for drug discovery.
Friendly and welcoming culture.
This is an opportunity to join an exciting London based drug discovery innovator utilising machine learning to vastly improve the drug discovery process and produce more effective therapeutics worldwide. In line with growth, they are seeking a talented Lab Technician to join the team.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Lab Technician, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside their fantastic Lab Operations team and super-friendly and talented R&D team, whilst expanding a lab-based career. In a nutshell, you’ll get to learn valuable techniques from smart people who love their work! Your role as Lab Technician will be a critical one. You’ll be supporting scientists to conduct ground-breaking work and keep the London in-house wet lab in tip-top condition. As a self-motivated and organised individual, you’ll have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on excellent time management. You will ensure laboratories are maintained in good order in accordance with health & safety legislation. From being involved with lab expansion plans and supporting various teams, to providing intellectual input, you will gain valuable lab experience in a dynamic environment where no two days are the same!
What you’ll do in this role:
● Lab housekeeping: Recycling, autoclaving/disposing waste, cleaning/autoclaving glassware, coordinating laundry of lab coats etc., and to keep the lab looking sharp for scientists and for visitors.
● Support scientists: Including, but not limited to;
Preparation of growth media & buffers, agar plates.
Preparing, aliquoting and managing stock of critical reagents for the different functional teams.
Refilling consumable stocks from storage to shelves.
Support our different R&D teams with their various experiments where needed.
What experience you will need to apply:
● You’ll have proven experience as a Lab Technician within Bioscience, Biotech or Drug Discovery, and take great pride in your work.
● You’ll have experience of making buffers, media, and other solutions.
● You’ll be able to follow instructions conscientiously, but also capable of working autonomously when required.
● You’ll have good communication and time management skills. Successful communication and timing is critical for any experiment taking place in the lab.
● You’ll have excellent attention to detail. Be a fast learner and able to adapt easily.
● You are self-motivated, enthusiastic, with a positive attitude. They are a friendly bunch who enjoy spending time together.
● You’ll be a collaborative team player. You’ll be interacting with people from most areas of the company on a regular basis.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
To be part of a brilliant and purpose driven team, for a company dedicated to have a positive impact on human health, with like minded people. The company also offers flexible working, one to one coaching, and they are big on diversity!
For more information or to apply, apply directly to this advert to speak with Roy Bennett.