Contracting through ADLIB
Here is everything you need to know about the process of contracting through ADLIB.
Land your next contract role
To start with and to make sure that you are considered for contracting roles, it’s best you register and send across your CV, alongside all supporting documents.
To be the first to know about all contract roles within your area of expertise, you can sign up for our job alerts. In that way, you get a notification about everything new we come across. You can tailor the alerts to include only exactly what you are looking for of course!
If you are unsure about what kind of contracts could be best for your specific skillset, it might be best to give the team a call on 0117 926 9530 for a chat about current and best options for you.
If you prefer to drop us a line instead to tick off all the questions you have, not a worry, you can do that via firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we pay contractors
Some of our clients prefer for us to find the best fit, but prefer to take it from there, paying you directly.
Pay via ADLIB
Here it comes down to how you usually get paid as a contractor…
You may be a Limited Company Contractor
You may be represented by an Umbrella Company or
You may be added to the ADLIB payroll
If paid via our ADLIB payroll, you get paid weekly on Fridays, but we need your completed timesheet for the previous week worked, by 3pm Tuesday to do so.
If you have your own limited company, then our payment terms are 30 days. We pay weekly, on a Monday, but we need your completed timesheet and invoice for the previous week worked, by 3pm Tuesday to do so.
If you are working through an umbrella company our payment terms can vary, it all depends on the umbrella company, but always no later than 30 days.
We request that you send us a signed (by your line manager) timesheet detailing your hours worked, so we can see that your hours have been approved. Our contractor team will send you a template of one when you start.
Your invoice needs to go to email@example.com by 3pm Tuesday with your signed timesheet so we can process it for you in time. Essential inclusions on your invoice, so we are able to process it asap for you:
- Address it to us: ADLIB, Suite 1, 3rd Floor, St Bartholomews House, Bristol, BS1 2NH.
- Include your limited company details (name, registered address and company number). Include your company’s bank account information.
- If you are VAT registered please break down the VAT and include your VAT reg number for reference.
- Include the name of the client you are working for.
- Also include: date/ period it covers; number of days worked, your day rate.
- And most importantly, the total amount due.
If that was part of the deal, if your contract includes that you can claim expenses, you need to include them as separate line items on your invoice or your timesheet. Please also send us photographs of your receipts, as often clients will ask us for copies for their records.
Documents we need from you
When you contract through us for the first time, we’ll need to gather a few bits and pieces from you:
If you are contracting as a limited company, we need copies of:
- Your company’s certificate of incorporation.
- If applicable, your VAT registration certificate.
- Details of your company’s bank account.
- Proof of your professional indemnity, public/products liability and employers liability insurance.
- If you’re working through an umbrella company, you’ll need to put us in touch with your representative there, so we can get all of this info from them.
If you are a temporary worker (PAYE) we’ll need:
- An original P45 for the current tax year or a completed P46 which can be downloaded on this page.
- Your bank account details.
- Your date of birth and National Insurance Number.
This is an important one and a must have! In some cases it’s a contractual requirement that you have relevant business insurance. Insurance protects you as well as us against risk.
We asked the experts at 'Kingsbridge Contractor Insurance' to paint the entire picture for us and you....
We are also constantly working on new tools that could help you. Here some of our Contractor Guides that could help you with finding the day rate that you should be charging…
Latest Contracting Opportunities are below...
— Full Cyber Security Lifecycle for UK Household Name
— central Bristol, beautiful offices!
— 3 Month Contract - Digital Agency
— - Exciting Start-Up Studio
— Fully remote working - API Development
£325 - £375 per day
— Large Digital Transformation Project - Major Financial Services Client
£400 - £450 per day
— Full Website Redesign Experience
£400 - £450 per day
— remote Working - Exciting Machine Learning Company
£360 - £375 per day
— Huge Digital Transformation Project
£1000 - £1200 per day
17 jobs found