RNA long-read sequencing expert.
Multiple roles avaliable.
Well funded start-up.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an exciting genomic start-up who has recently received further funding. They are working on the discovery and detection of novel nucleic acid biomarker using both DNA and RNA long-read sequencing. Due to expansion they are looking for a number of Scientists to join the business including Scientist, Senior Scientist and Research Scientists which mix bioinformatics and wet laboratory work.
What you’ll be doing?
- Lead the efforts in carrying out scientific research within a project.
- Manage the project, set goals, delegate tasks, monitor progress, and oversee the performance of other scientists and workers involved in the project.
- Liaise with external collaborators, such as clinical teams.
- Uphold the laboratory’s regulations and policies to maintain a safe and productive work environment.
What they are looking for?
- PhD in genomics or a related subject.
- A minimum of five years of academic or industry experience in relevant research fields.
- Demonstrated experience in leading or participating in large-scale scientific studies.
- Experience of working with RNA.
- Proficiency in laboratory skills, including transcriptomic and/or genomic library construction and sequencing.
- Excellent organizational skills and willingness to take on responsibility.
- Proven experience in scientific writing and presentation.
- Experience with RNA and transcriptomic research.
- Experience with long-read sequencing technology.
- Knowledge of genome annotation.
- Experience in cancer research.
- Experience in team management.
- Experience of working within a start-up environment.
- Knowledge and experience with at least one programming / scripting language, such as: Bash, Python, R.
What you’ll get in return for your experience?
To be a part of a rapidly growing start-up company which will have a lot of growth in 2024. They have a competitive salary on offer as well as share options and other exciting benefits.
If you’re looking for an exciting new role please speak to Zoe Davies.