28 years’ within Marketing – What Debbie’s learned
Some wisdom from the Group Marketing Manager at Fish Brothers…
Next up as part of our “sharing the wisdom” series: Debbie Reeve Crook, Group Marketing Manager at Fish Brothers. Debbie manages all the traditional and digital marketing for 12 dealerships within the group, she is a senior manager at an operational group level.
Now, Debbie, in an attempt to capture some of the wisdom you’ve gained as a professional so far, what are “5 stand-out things” you’ve learned within the past 28 years, while climbing that career ladder within the Marketing sector.
Debbie Reeve Crook
- Always have a mentor. Find someone you respect professionally and learn from them. Be inquisitive, listen and take their work ethics, knowledge and skill sets as a good example to use in business.
- Be resilient. When knocked down, pick yourself up, learn from it and move on. Don’t dwell or over think things, if you made the mistake – learn from it and don’t do it twice.
- Be yourself, show your personality as well as your work skills, you were chosen because of all three so let them shine.
- Constantly strive to do better, keep learning, take on challenges and stretch yourself, talk to your colleagues, network, learn other parts of the business, never have nothing to do!
- Don’t gossip, it’s unprofessional and dangerous. If it’s confidential keep it confidential, make your own mind up about people and start from a positive angle. Show them respect but expect it back. Do not allow bullying of any kind. Be nice to people.
Thank you Debbie for sharing!