CMO for a rapidly growing, multi-brand group in the Tech / Web / IT space.
Salary range: £120,000 - £150,000 + benefits.
Hybrid working (1 or 2 days from a lovely location in the Cotswolds).
The Chief Marketing Officer / CMO is a newly created role for this fast-growth business who already have over a dozen brands globally and are about to grow through acquisition once again. As well as hiring a CMO, they’re setting up an internal agency function to service the various brands, so you’ll have a world class creative team to call upon. As CMO, you’ll lead set up and lead the Marketing function, and hold ultimate accountability. Whether you use an external partner, you hire internally, or both, you’ll own performance marketing/CRO, customer journeys, re-marketing, affiliate marketing and more, to generate growth from the company’s existing customer base, value adds, and winning back lapsed customers.
This is a huge opportunity and will be well-suited to a CMO who has worked in a fast-growth Tech, Web or IT business with multiple brands and a global customer base. They’ve got big plans, and the Chief Marketing Officer will play a key role in driving the company’s growth.
What experience you’ll need to apply
- E-commerce Expertise: A proven track record as a Chief Marketing Officer in the e-commerce sector is the ideal candidate but there is a little bit of flexibility – please read on…
- High-Growth Background: Preferably, you’ll come from a high-growth business, accustomed to the dynamics of rapid expansion.
- Global Experience: You must direct experience managing marketing efforts across diverse markets and global geographies. If direct global experience is lacking, you should demonstrate the capability to scale operations effectively.
- Performance Marketing Focus: While a background in brand marketing is desirable, a strong orientation towards performance marketing is crucial. We are willing to consider candidates who excel in performance marketing even if they have less brand marketing experience.
- Career Progression: You may currently hold a CMO role with a performance marketing background and seek a broader, global remit. Alternatively, you could be a Head of Performance Marketing looking to step into your first CMO role.
- Commercial Acumen: Commercially oriented, possess exceptional numerical skills, and demonstrate strong analytical capabilities.
- Conversion Optimisation: You’ll not only drive demand but also focus on optimising the conversion funnel. This includes expertise in website optimisation, form design, and A/B testing to ensure maximum returns on deployed activities.
- Tech-Savvy: You stay updated with the latest marketing technology trends and have significant connections within the industry, including key technology providers.
- Executive Presence: You have the gravitas to present effectively to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and outside investors.
- Experience gained in a Marketing Leadership role within the Tech, Web or IT sector is a must.
What you’ll get in return for your experience
- A salary of £120k-£150k depending on experience + benefits package
- Hybrid working and a very flexible environment (the ideal being two days in the Cotswolds. One day per week is also an option for the right candidate).
- A massive opportunity to build a high performing team from scratch and at pace and be a part of an incredibly exciting business which is growing very quickly!
If you’re an experienced CMO with a background in Tech, Web or IT and you’ve worked for a global organisation, or a multi-brand group, we’d love to see a copy of your CV and will arrange a confidential conversation from there.