On Furlough? Resources for Marketing Talent
Temporary layoffs are an unfortunate reality for many of our clients and candidates at this time.
It’s not a reflection on ‘how well one does as a business’ or ‘how good one is at their job as an individual’, it’s the harsh reality of this situation we are in as the result of an economic downturn. Furlough doesn’t discriminate. But what to do during this time?
Here, we’ve collected a whole bunch of online resources and courses recommended by the experts, as well as our existing internal guides that might take the interest of marketing people and those looking to upskill within this sector.
Make the best of your time by expanding on what you love and teaching yourself something. Some free resources here that might be useful.
- HubSpot Inbound Marketing – free certification course
- Facebook Blueprint – free online training for advertising
- Econsultancy – achieve excellence in modern marketing
- Instagram Training
- CIM Courses – qualification in professional marketing
- IDM – digital marketing qualifications
- Google Digital Garage – free online marketing training
- Adobe Classes Online – LinkedIn Learning (free trial)
- Writing Great Content course
- Google Analytics Academy
- Digital Marketing courses
- SEM Rush Academy
- Future Learn
You can also take a look at some Marketing-based career paths, to figure out your progression as well as salary benchmarks and where a career in marketing could take you.
- PR & Communications Career Path
- eCommerce Career Path
- Advertising & Media Career Path
- SEO, Content & Social Career Path
Some blogs that we’ve been told are useful.
- Unbounce – a platform that helps marketers create, convert, integrate, and optimise landing pages.
- Quicksprout – a guide by Neil Patel on everything digital marketing.
- Sprout Social
- The Buffer Blog
- The Moz Blog
- The SEM Rush Blog
- Bristol Media
- The ADLIB Blog – featuring thought-leaders, careers, tips & advice
Listen & Watch
Learn new things and multi-task at the same time. Here, a collection of some marketing-focused podcasts and webinars to keep you educated and entertained during your time on furlough.
- Digital Marketing Podcasts
- Content Marketing Podcasts
- SEO Podcasts
- Paid Media Podcasts
- Social Media Webinars
- General Marketing Webinars
Join Online Meetups & Marketing Communities
Meetups and online communities are a great way of learning new skills, connecting with other marketing professionals and finding out more about where our industry is going next. There is plenty still happening online.
- The Rules of Engagement – Bristol
- 10 Marketing LinkedIn Groups To Join
- Digital Marketing Meetups
- Social Media Marketing Meetups
We hope you find something useful in this blog to pass on. If you have any resources to add we’d love to hear from you.